|QUICK LINKS >>> MAIN SURF REPORT / WIND & WAVES REAL TIME SURF CHECK FORECASTS|
International Media Officer - IMO
The ASP is the world governing body for professional surfing, it produces the indisputable World Champion's for both men and women surfers.
The ASP is looking for an IMO that can deliver the message of "the dream", that is, surfing world-class waves in optimal locations and conditions. The successful candidate must have impeccable oral and written skills coupled with the drive, skill and energy to constantly push the message to the world.
The IMO will complete a myriad of media tasks some of which include:
· Produce fast, accurate and media grabbing press releases.
· Liaise with top core and mainstream media organizations and journalists in the sporting world.
· Work with ASP Regional Offices to maximise media exposure within their home territories.
· Build relationships with worldwide media agencies and develop media content for their individual platforms.
· Work with ASP appointed TV production agency and media companies to obtain best possible footage and media exposure.
· Drive the promotion of the ASP, their events and sponsors.
· Drive media requests to the world's best surfers (which is no mean feat in itself!)
You will have demonstrated experience in strategic development and implementation of media, marketing or PR strategies. Ideally you will be able to bring your own significant media databases (national and international) into this position to expand ASP's media reach globally. You should also have an affinity for elite sports people and events with an understanding of the action sports market.
Candidates must be willing to travel (6-8 months) to all tour events and be based at the Head Office in Coolangatta when not attending tour events. Tertiary qualifications in Communications, PR or Marketing a must with a minimum of four years experience working in media (all forms of media considered). Knowledge of the sport of surfing, professional surfing and surfing terminology would be advantageous.
Candidates need to be mindful that the ASP is a non profit organisation and can not pay full commercial rates for this role, however we can offer one of the best media roles on the planet, travel to exotic surf locations and a chance to push the profile of surfing to the limits.
If you meet the criteria outlined please forward written application referencing "IMO Application" to PO Box 1095 Coolangatta Qld 4225 Australia.
Closing date is 5pm Monday February 28th 2005.
Live the dream!